A man was rescued from his third-floor apartment balcony Saturday night after a grease fire ignited in another unit of the northwest Omaha building.
Capt. Tim McCaw, a spokesman for the Omaha Fire Department, said no injuries resulted from the fire at 12116 Rose Lane Plaza. Firefighters were dispatched to the complex about 10:20 p.m. when one of the building’s occupants activated a fire alarm.
Firefighters rescued the man from his balcony by ladder. Investigators determined that the fire was caused by a pot of grease left unattended on a stove in a second-floor apartment.
The kitchen sustained severe fire damage and there was light to moderate smoke damage throughout the building.
Contact the writer: 402-444-1272, email@example.com